This list was developed by analyzing the Winner’s Pool data from the past week and comparing it to that same data range from the previous two weeks. It is then checked against the opinion of our Competitive Guides, who can move any list up or down one placement based on how they feel that deck might fare going into this week. This list is a reflection of micro-changes within the format, and decks can and will change places frequently and for various reasons. Make sure to check out our Monthly Meta Snapshot for a more broad-stroke overview of the format at large, coming out at the end of each month!
Updates are made every Tuesday morning by 12am US EST.
- S+ Tier: Decks in this tier are oppressive to the format, and problematic enough where we believe that if the meta does not shift soon, intervention from Wizards is possible.
- S Tier: Decks in this tier are the most heavily-played and format dominant. These decks are the core that the rest of the meta revolves around. Players should be prepared to face these decks multiple times throughout a given event.
- A Tier: Decks in this tier are generally on the same power level as those above it, and consistently post top results at events. However, due to certain factors like deck population or weakness in a key matchup they are not as format dominant.
- B Tier: Decks in this tier are proven performers with strong finishes that will reward good player skill/dedicated play. However, they generally lack a certain level of power/consistency to take them to the winners podium on a regular basis.
- C Tier: Decks in this tier are on an average power level for the format, or are heavily underrepresented. Like our B-tier these decks can reward dedication to the archetype, but they will require a more concerted effort. Players should be aware of these decks, but not over-tune for these matchups.
- D Tier: Decks in this tier will find the current meta hostile to their overall game plan. These decks can find success in the right environment, but the winner’s podium will be few and far between.